Pelvic Floor Clinic July 23, 2021
Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine Center
6410 Rockledge Drive, Suite 210
Bethesda, MD 20817
Restore Motion physical therapy, Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine Center and Simplina nutrition unite for an interdisciplinary team approach to diagnose and treat pelvic pain and dysfunction.
What is it? A comprehensive new patient appointment, including a thorough history and physical exam, with 3 experts from different disciplines listening and examining you. Have your symptoms heard and evaluated.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is a common medical problem that affects both women and men including:
- Pelvic Floor Tension/Pain
- Urinary / Fecal Incontinence (leakage)
- Abdominal Pain
- Interstitial Cystitis (bladder pain)
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum issues (women)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
The Pelvic Floor Clinic is an opportunity for people struggling with pelvic floor dysfunction to be evaluated by professionals who specialize in pelvic pain. A physician, physical therapist and a nutritionist will collaborate in real time to create a specific plan of care which addresses the medical, physical and nutritional challenges that contribute to your dysfunction.
When you come for your private evaluation, all 3 providers (doctor, physical therapist, and nutritionist) will be present during your session. You will leave with a detailed summary, recommendations, and insight for how to proceed in your recovery.
There are a limited number of appointments still available. Call 301-881-9313 to register.
- Diagnoses include but are not limited to: pelvic floor tension/pain, urinary/fecal Incontinence and voiding problems, abdominal pain, constipation, pregnancy/post-partum pain, pubic pain, and Interstitial Cystitis (IC).
- Each client receives up-to-date information and an individualized plan of care.
- Open to new and existing patients.
- Pelvic Floor Clinic Date: Friday, July 23, 2021
Dr. Rebecca Aronson views the treatment of pelvic pain as addressing the source of the pain and helping to alleviate it, not only resolving the symptoms. Pelvic health and addressing associated pain is important to her because it’s an underserved area of medicine that affects millions of people whose symptoms have not been addressed. Dr. Aronson sees helping these patients as a great way to increase their quality of life. Dr. Aronson received her medical degree from Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Reshma Rathod, PT is the co-founder of Restore Motion and physical therapist specializing in pelvic dysfunction, manual therapy and sports medicine. Reshma assesses the body to identify compensatory patterns that cause and contribute to pelvic pain and dysfunction. She uses a combination of manual therapy, muscle re-education, biofeedback, dry needling and exercise to restore mobility and function. She earned her Master of Science in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in 1994, MBA from Loyola University in 2001. She is one of a handful of Primary Care Providers for the international Women’s Tennis Association.
Dr. Annina Burns is a registered dietitian (RD) and a licensed nutritionist. She is an expert in using nutrition and holistic medicine to support pelvic health and pain management. She has also been certified in Food as Medicine and Mind-Body Medicine and was the first PhD/RD nutritionist in the country to be certified in functional medicine from the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). She completed a four-year degree program at Penn State in nutritional sciences and holds an MSc and PhD from the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, where she was a Marshall Scholar. All of this gives her a unique ability to put together the complex pieces of the pain puzzle and help you achieve optimal health.
What are patients saying about Pelvic Floor Clinic?
- “All doctors were extremely patient and sensitive to the frustration and pain I had been experiencing—particularly due to extensive urological testing that provided no answers to my pain.”
- “Glad I attended it because it encouraged me.”
- “After spending over a year trying to find an answer to my pelvic pain, the doctors at the Pelvic Floor Clinic (with the aid of ultrasound) were able to correctly diagnose the problem. I immediately started therapy and after 1 month of treatment, I am so much better. I cannot believe the difference and living with less pain has made a remarkable breakthrough in my physical and mental well being.”
- “Very useful, especially concerning path forward and options when/if other traditional methods fail.”
- “Very helpful getting definitive diagnosis.”
- “Good getting actionable plan.”
- “Very Helpful.”
- “It was a wonderful option to have. I applaud you for having this opportunity for patients like myself.”
301.881.9313, or Contact Us .